I have been coding as a hobby for more than twenty years and professionally for six. I have several years of embedded experience on multiple platforms. I am currently not actively seeking employment. If you wish to contact me anyway, please send an email to email@example.com.
EducationBachelors of Science from University of California Los Angeles
- Graduated in December 2009 with Magna Cum Laude
Work ExperienceSoftware Engineer at Facebook, Inc. (2015-Present)
- Working on internal CI system which tests almost every piece of software written at Facebook.
- Worked on the internal customer service portal implemented in PHP, Python and AngularJS unifying all games under one common web application.
- Integrated active directory into the internal single sign-on infrastructure written in Python.
- Designed multiple REST APIs between game teams and core teams to facilitate scalable data communication between teams.
- Productized several prototype PHP applications by developing deployment plans, regression tests and addressing poorly written sections of code.
- Job duties included application development and maintenance on embedded Linux platform.
- Worked on features and bug fixes on several MSP-430 microcontrollers.
- Lead small team in developing an experimental small form factor software-defined radio for a satellite.
- Responsible for task assignment and system integration.
- Responsible for software quality and related processes.
- Responsible for designing feature set, network and transport layer protocols and user interface to satellite and ground terminal.
- Responsible for hardware device drivers and application software in embedded applications that have shipped worldwide.
- Designed and implemented in system upgradable software to allow embedded applications to self-upgrade.
- Worked on for maintaining Linux lab computers for embedded development.
- Responsible for internal suite of tools designed to aid project estimation and proposing.
- Designed command and control software on robot platform as well as the client software that operated remotely on a Linux PC.
- Responsible for designing communications protocols to send live video data from remote operating vehicle while reserving bandwidth for realtime control.
- Coded a plug and play microcontroller interface to allow for GPS, temperature, heading, proximity and accelerometer data to be fed to the remote operating vehicle and sent back to the controlling application for monitoring.
- Fluent in assembly language and C for writing low level code and application software.
- Comfortable with C++, PHP, Python, Visual Basic 6.0 and shell scripting to code applications and test tools.
- Comfortable working with Mercurial, Perforce and Git for requirements and source code management as well as collaboration.
- Comfortable working in a Linux development environment.
- Comfortable working with ARM, MIPS, PPC, Z80, MSP430 embedded platforms using a variety of debugging strategies.
- Experience with using GTK in C and Python to create applications on Linux.
- Experience using standard GNU suite of tools for embedded and application development.
PortfolioDSOrganize Organizer Suite for Nintendo DS
SQLDisplay Visual SQL Query Manager for Nintendo DS
libdragon Toolchain and Development Libraries for the Nintendo 64
DragonMedia Player for the Nintendo Wii
YoungMX Media Player for Windows XP
Hardware Nopaste Service for Xilinx Format Schematics